World Car News #Update
Not more than 13 people have been killed and dozens injured in multiple suicide bombings at three churches in Surabaya, Indonesia’s second-largest city, in a coordinated attack police said was carried out by one family and their children.
The Indonesian police chief, Tito Karniavan, told reporters that investigators believed one family – a husband, wife and their four children aged between 9 and 18 – were the perpetrators of the worst attack the country has seen in more than a decade.
The first explosion took place at the Santa Maria Catholic church, killing four people. Other attacks were later reported at the Surabaya Center Pentecostal church and GKI Diponegoro church minutes later on Sunday.
After the back-to-back bombings that targeted three churches in Surabaya, as worshipers gathered between services on Sunday morning, the police said they had been the work of one family: a couple who had led their four children on a terror spree that took their own lives and those of at least seven other people.
The Islamic State claimed responsibility for the attacks, according to the group’s news agency, Amaq. In an initial bulletin, the group described each of the bombings as a “martyrdom” operation. In a subsequent, longer media release, the Islamic State identified three modes of attack: a car bomb, a suicide vest and a motorcycle-borne bomb.